Wednesday, May 31, 2017

3D Paper Birdhouse

Today I would like to share a Paper Birdhouse! This is a "just for fun" project that I made with my Silhouette Cameo using SVG files from Lori Whitlock.


I used the 3D Birdhouse with Fancy Roof files that I purchased at the Silhouette Design Store. The roof looked intimidating at first, but it constructed easily. It's such a clever little detail! I also used the 3D Cupcake Stand and 3D Flower. The scallops on the Cupcake Stand echoed the scallops on the roof of the birdhouse. I love the two pieces together. So cute!
The flower was easy to construct as well. I added dimensional glitter drops to the stamen cuts and let that dry before constructing. I like the added sparkle! I also scored the leaves and folded them slightly before attaching them to the flower. This added a touch of extra dimension.
When using my Silhouette Cameo, I like to add some white pigment ink to the cardstock edges where the score marks are located. The ink gives it a distressed sanded appearance to the folds without compromising the integrity of the paper and keeps the paper strong. Pigment ink is more vibrant than dye inks, but does take a bit longer to dry.

I really enjoyed constructing this project.
Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous~thanks for stopping by. Made my day. Hope you are doing good :)

    ReplyDelete